Academy for Family Empowerment, Inc. has contracted with Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Diseases since 2004, to provide IFI and CORE mental health services. Our CORE program offers an array of mental health services, to children ages 4 to 18 with emotional and behavioral issues. Services can be initiated by parents, DJJ, DFCS, School personnel, BHL, relatives, and other community partners. AFE CORE program is funded by Medicaid. AFE accepts all Medicaid plans, to include Peach State, Amerigroup, Well Care, Care Source and ASO. We provide services within Dekalb, Henry, Rockdale and Newton County.
- To provide comprehensive counseling services improves the mental needs of individuals;
- To promote awareness of mental health illnesses;
- To aid in the prevention of child abuse/neglect, substance abuse, juvenile delinquency and educational failure;
- To empower children and youth to become healthy, functioning and self-sufficient adults.
- Individual & Family Therapy
- 24-Hour Crisis Intervention
- Community Support Services
- Community Linkage
- Group Counseling (Anger Management, Substance Abuse, Life Skills Groups)
- Nursing Assessment
- Psychiatric Services & Medication Management